- Boots No7 Skin Illuminator: You can apply this “radiance boosting fluid” mixed in with your foundation for an all-over dewy look, apply it to the high points on your face like cheekbones, browbone, bridge of the nose, and on your cupids bow on top of your foundation (of if you’re daring enough, with no foundation on) for a glowy look. These come in 2 shades, a pink one for cool-tone skin and a peach one for warm-toned skin. Available at Boots in Mall of Arabia for 80 riyals.
- The Body Shop Facial Buffer: Exfoliation is necessary for your skin to look a bit brighter because it just removes that layer of dead cells laying on top of the skin which tends to make the face appear a bit dull. There are many different options for exfoliation such as, Clarisonic (which I haven’t tried, but have heard great things about), even DIY scrubs like honey and sugar which also works quite well. Available at The Body Shop for just 11 riyals.
- Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer: Putting this under your eyes in a triangle shape, around your nose really helps to brighten up your face is excellent and must have product.
- The Body Shop Enhancing Cream: This product tends to be a little shimmery, so I use this on top of my cheekbones to enhance them a little bit, but really blend it out so it’s not very prominent. You can also use this as a base to your shimmery eyeshadow.
- Ponds Age Miracle Tinted Moisturizer: This lightweight tinted moisturizer is perfect for everyday and gives a dewy finish to the skin which is ideal if you want a glowy look. If you prefer, look for foundations that look give a dewy finish like the Loreal Lumi Foundation. Tinted moisturizers work really well with dry skin. You can find this in supermarkets and pharmacies for about 36 riyals.
- When did you begin loving make-up?
I used to always like putting on makeup, I used to always put on my mom’s makeup when I was young, or get those cheap beauty products and put them on. But I really started to actually love makeup was when I was in my first year of university, I started watching a lot of youtube videos, discovered a whole youtube beauty community and fell in love 🙂
2. How do you feel without makeup?
Well, I use to never makeup every day until I was in my first year of university, and then from then on I kind of latched on to it. So I feel kind of bare when I do not have makeup, but I can go a whole day without wearing makeup. I don’t look or feel my best without makeup-you just have to suck it up, however I love the feeling of there being nothing on my skin, and allowing my skin to breathe!
3. What do you like about makeup?
What I love the best about makeup, and everyone who loves makeup will agree with me 100%, is the ability of makeup to boost your confidence level by billion. Not only that, but the ability of makeup to improve your mood, it’s just crazy.
4. Three Holy Grail Items:
A. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey: I drink a lot of coffee, and the one of the worst things is when your lipstick comes off when you’re drinking your morning coffee on the way to class. This product does not budge, and I do not need to reapply before I get to class. Also, this color instantly brightens up my tired face in the morning, and who wouldn’t love that?
B. Garnier Under Eye Tinted Roll On Concealer: You’re going to think I’m weird, but I put this undereye concealer on my whole face-yes I admit it, I do. It is really light weight, matches perfectly with my skin tone. I have one in my makeup bag at ALL times, it’s almost finished, so I’m so stressed out because I need to get a new one before I wake up in the morning with no concealer! Ahh!
C. The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain in the Shade 01: When you put this on the cheeks, it gives this natural, flushed, glowy look which I’m a sucker for. What’s great about this is, if you have oily skin like me, it stays on your skin for the whole day, unlike cream blushes and powders comes off in a couple of hours.
I encourage all of you reading this to try out this tag, it’s a good way to get know why beauty lovers love makeup, the reasoning behind putting it on, and some products people love.
So I was recently watching this video by Blair Fowler who is juicystar07 on YouTube where she added a Coffee and Tea Bar in her kitchen. I don’t know why, a massive, above-average coffee lover like me never thought of that-it really is a genius idea. Basically what she did was add a little spot on her kitchen counter dedicated for making coffee and tea-add different types of coffee/tea, sugar, coffee cups, stirring spoons-all in one space like they do in hotels. I Googled some images for similar at-home bars for some inspiration and here are my favorite ones:
Here is Blair’s Before and After:
What do you think? WIll you try this at home?